Edge2Edge LED panels...another bright idea from Translucent Creations.
The correct lighting plays a vital role in the success of a project but this can be difficult to achieve and once you have an installed project it’s not uncommon to find out “it’s not as bright as we had hoped for” or “it’s too bright”! In the past the most common form of backlighting has been fluorescent tube or strip lights and it would be fair to say possibly the cheapest option, or so it appears at the time. However this type of lighting does have its drawbacks:
- Requires a large void behind the material to be backlit in order to avoid hi spots.
- Heat generation.
- Costly to install.
- Longevity of tube lighting can be unpredictable.
- Expensive to run.
- Requires access for maintenance.
- Removing expensive materials for maintenance purposes may prove both costly & time consuming (see case study).
Consider these benefits that will outweigh the initial cost and provide many years of trouble free illumination in a wide range of environments:
- Our Edge2Edge lighting panels comprise a cast acrylic panel with LED’s incorporated within the edges providing an even glow of light and are available in cold or warm light as well as RGB colour changing units. They have an ultra slim profile with a maximum panel size of 3000 x 2000 with an IP rating of 67.
- 12 volt & 24 volt LED's.
- Maximum size 3000 x 2000mm.
- Curved panels available.
- 70,000 hours life or 8 years running 24/7.
- Significantly reduced running costs compared to fluorescent lighting.
- No maintenance or replacement costs to consider.
- Even illumination with no high or dull spots.
- Ultra slim so will fit in the tightest of spaces.
- Easy to install as they use low voltage power and are simply plugged into a mains socket and ready to use in minutes.
- No heat.
- Letters, numbers, shapes & patterns.
- Manufactured to customers sizes.
- Dimmable if required.
- Lux range 2000 -6000
We were asked for advice on how to back illuminate 20mm onyx for a customer based in Oslo, Norway, as they had been badly advised previously that LED rope lights would provide the solution but to the clients cost, they did not and had to be removed and whilst doing so the fragile onyx broke and had to be completely replaced.
After an exchange of information we advised the client, which Edge2Edge solution was the best for him in terms of types of Led output & lux values & resulting in an installation that was to the clients complete and utter satisfaction.
Our advice is impartial & free and we can even supply 210 x 300mm working samples for a small deposit refundable upon return. Alternatively you can always just take the risk but it may cost you more in the long run.